Not a lot was done today as we had a decently bad turnout but we put the intake on the robot with just 2 2x1s of aluminum. This allowed us to see what the final dimensions and intake would look/act like.
We also planned for the following day expecting a lot of people as it is getting to crunch time.
The basic schedule for the next couple of meetings:
- Friday – final intake, shooter and drivetrain all together working
- Saturday – hanger prototypes done and tested, CAD finalized for final cutting of the practice and competition robot
- Monday – plasma cut the final robot (2 copies)
- Monday after school – clean up plasma cut parts (both copies)
- Monday night – bend both copies of the robot
- Tuesday AM – give one copy to anodizing
- Tuesday start building the practice robot (non-anodized version)
Tomorrow we will finish building everything and make a plan for what to change in the final CAD iteration and the final robot version.